Welcome to Shady Dreams // "Loading..." //

If you wish to think that I am sane, do not read this blog.

BLOGS

-
-
-


LINKS

+ Amy's DeviantArt
+ Blogger
+ BlogSkins
+ Ctrl+Alt+Del
+ Legends of Elveron
+ Photobucket
+ Snoopy Dance
+ Untitled





Credits
Design MKdesign //
Hostest Blogger //
Template Blogskins //

The random penguin will eat you all.






Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Weblog Entries:


Sunday, May 01, 2005::

Church Visitation

I've had a few shcoked faces when I informed everyone that I'm going to be visiting churches for a little while. "Why?!" was the general response. I'll make it clear that it's NOT because I don't like Family Life. I just felt tugged to do it. It's kind of like an educational experience. I think some people are afraid that I'm going to leave them for another church. I have no desire to leave them. But whereever God puts me is where I'll be, regardless of friends. I am not searching for a new "home". Here are my general rules for visiting churches:

- I will only visit churches on Sundays (unless I have no other choice). Wednesdays I will still be attending Family Life Church.
- I will only visit certain church that I have a RIDE for. Because I have no transportation of my own, and have no help from my parentals.
- After attending whatever church it may be for the first time, I'll report on it, how it made me feel, what I liked about it, funny stories and such. This is not to judge it nessisarily, I'm not going to bring any church down. But every church has a feel, and so... onward:

I'm going to tell you about the first time I attended Family Life Church and how it made me "feel":

Family Life Church
I remember the first time I went was because Ross invited me to go. I hadn't been to church in years, mostly because no one had ever invited me. When I came in it was dark in the youth room. I was a little bit late. I didn't really feel very welcome, it seemed like people were just glaring at me. Durring worhsip the music was nice, it wasn't like the hymes that we sang at the Baptist church from long ago. People were raising their hands in worship. Weird. But I was open minded, so besides thinking it was weird it didn't frighten me away. The preaching was energetic, and it was easy to pay attention to. (also note that this was a Wednesday service, whcih is different than a Sunday service)


Today I visited a church that's not my own:

Church of Christ
Amy Kemmerling invited me to come to her church as my first church visitation, I'd heard a lot about her church and it was on the list of the ones I really wanted to visit. Though, I knew it wasn't going to be much like my church. The class enviroment was...cozy. They had couches and comfy chairs around a room. I felt generally welcomed. No one gave me evil stares or seemed to judge me, so I felt pretty comfortable. Durring the main service the worship was only voices, as I was already expecting because I had alreayd been informed. It wasn't too odd, we did the same thing at the Baptist church. Still it was kinda hard for me to get used to hearing the off-keys from myself and the people behind me. For a moment I kinda felt a vibe like I'd gone back to puritan times, int he book "The Scarlet Letter". They asked if anyone was new in the church and if we raised our hands we would get a gift. Amykins told me to raise my hand. I kinda laughed and I asked Amy if it was food. And they came up to me and handed me a small loaf of bread. O_O HOLY COW. IT WAS FOOD! haha, I don't know about you...but I thought that was great.
Concluding notes: My little sister says she wants to go next time, for the mothers day thing. She also found out that one of her best friends goes to that church. So maybe we'll visit again next week.

-out-


-: Amy Kelley blogged it up at 1:56 PM:-

Comments: Post a Comment
Navigation


NEW ARCHIVES

< HOME
+ January 2007
+ February 2007


ANCIENT ARCHIVES

+ July 2002
+ March 2003
+ April 2003
+ May 2003
+ June 2003
+ July 2003
+ August 2003
+ September 2003
+ October 2003
+ November 2003
+ December 2003
+ January 2004
+ February 2004
+ March 2004
+ April 2004
+ May 2004
+ June 2004
+ July 2004
+ August 2004
+ September 2004
+ October 2004
+ November 2004
+ December 2004
+ January 2005
+ February 2005
+ March 2005
+ April 2005
+ May 2005
+ June 2005
+ July 2005
+ August 2005
+ September 2005
+ October 2005
+ November 2005
+ December 2005
+ January 2005
+ February 2005
+ March 2005
+ April 2005








Hit Counter

N3rds have visited my Blog since Janurary 22, 2004


To see previous posts please move your mouse to the navigation bar and under Archives select the month of posts you'd like to view. Or click here.